12 Quirky Comments from Hotel Reviews Worldwide
I’m not gonna lie, I was inspired by The Standard’s 2014 calendar. Who doesn’t love reading through bizarre hotel reviews, especially when they are accompanied by great photography? The calendar got me thinking about what other crazy reviews are out there in cyberspace. TrustYou has a database of more than 250 million hotel reviews to peruse, so I took a look.
Below is a collection of twelve fun, funny, quirky, and slightly bizarre comments written within the last year, pulled from TrustYou’s database. All hotel names were removed.
- “In another review of this hotel, I compared my stay to "hugging a bony supermodel." It's got smokin' hot style, all right...But this supermodel can only offer you her vacant stares and elegant looks, not much comfort. Sorry, supermodel.”
- “The hotel is definitely haunted as my friend felt a ghost's hand twice on her back and once on her leg in the bathroom! It was a friendly ghost though as my friend then told it to go away, and we meant no harm. Then there were no more incidents!”
- “Avoid, unless you are a chain smoking masochist!”
- “The guy came to check the mini bar after we had checked in, and we were already naked and had to put on clothes, kind of ruining the moment!!!!”
- “While the bathrobes were a beautiful weight and fabric, one arm of one had been completely cut off from shoulder to cuff!”
- “This is a visual delight to the senses. Even the next room’s occupants holding an indoor rodeo at 8 am was livable. I will return soon and often, I've found my "happy spot".”
- “We will be returning to this hotel for sure. Truly the best service, kind employees, happy and helpful! They must have some kind of magic happy drops they put in every employee’s water!"
- “That evening we went to the rooftop bar. What a cool place, love it! Also the crowd was very diverse. We were afraid it would be all spiked nude shoe wearing 20 somethings, but that was not the case.”
- “I'm here right now. I'm hungry. The only restaurant open is the one out in the rain. The others, with roofs, are closed. No one seems to know why.”
- “We had the room completely decorated with bachelorette decor. We had even gotten some toilet paper with adult scenes on it as a funny decor thing, and the cleaning staff folded it into a point every day and left our decorations where they were.”
- “The suite’s functions (TV, audio, curtains, lights, etc.) were operated by a malfunctioning remote control system that seemed to have a life of its own. In the middle of the night, blinding bedroom lights came on, while all of a sudden a deafening, ultra high volume sound came out of poorly placed, very powerful speakers in the sitting area. That caused heart palpitations.”
- “Let me preface this by saying that I am not the target consumer. When we showed up, many of the patrons wandering around were slightly sloshed Jersey Shore types enjoying the beats at the afternoon pool party. By the time we were clearing out a few days later, the hotel was filling with scruffy hipsters in trucker hats cocked in various directions. (I wasn't aware that hipsters still wore trucker hats but like I said, what do I know? I don't even have gauges in my lobes. I didn't even know that waxed handlebar mustaches existed outside of barbershop quartets... now I do). But if this is your crowd, the hotel was great. Party on, dudes!”