Social Media Trends in Hotel Marketing
In February and March, TripAdvisor published the 2011 Accommodation Owners Survey of U.S.A. and UK. They announced the results of its first annual survey of more than 1,000 U.S. accommodation owners -- hoteliers, B&B owners and innkeepers – and over 500 British hoteliers and B&B owners who revealed their plans to attract travelers in 2011 and increase repeat customers.
The results are astonishing: 99 % of the U.S. accommodation owners plan to respond to online guest reviews:
- 72 percent plan to respond to both positive and negative reviews.
- 14 percent plan to respond only to negative reviews.
- 13 percent plan to respond only to positive reviews.
- One percent have no plans to respond to reviews.
In UK, 76 % of the accommodation owners this year are planning to engage their audiences on TripAdvisor:
- 56 percent plan to respond to both positive and negative reviews.
- 20 percent plan to respond to negative reviews only.
- 23 percent do not plan to respond to reviews at all.
What we recommend is: Communicate with your customers and respond to negative and positive criticism. Show your guests that you care about what they think.
In fact, on 22nd of February a new hotel review has been published on TripAdvisor:
“We originally had reserved a room at a hotel next door but decided to change when we noticed the staff pays attention to the Trip Advisor reviews.”
So if you don't use TrustYou Analytics yet, get a free trial version here and do not hesitate to react.